Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Little Bits of Nonsensical Information

If you don’t want to completely waste your valuable time, you should stop reading now. If you are interested in a crazy mind at work, then read on…I normally only share these thoughts with those closest to me, but since they are probably the only ones reading this, then I am sure they won’t be surprised or find it a total waste of time…hopefully.

So, I asked Mike the other day if he thought people would think it weird if I told them that our dogs’ middle names were “Bacon” and “Kins”. I know it’s KIND of weird, but is it REALLY weird? I always call the dogs Reagan Bacon and Roxy Kins (although I normally say Roxykins, like it’s one word…so I guess that wouldn’t make it a middle name, it would make Roxy a kind of nickname. But that’s beside that point.). I only call them those names though if I am not calling them Sister. They are sisters, and I think they should recognize each other as such. So it’s a kind of reinforcement to continually call my two totally unrelated and different bred dogs “sisters”. Probably not something that I should share with anyone or that Mike wants me to share. But now it’s totally out in the open.

Another thing…I really get on these kicks where I am obsessed with something and can’t get enough of it. There are two very important things I am obsessing about right now (I can TOTALLY hear my dad saying, “Stop obsessing, Jennifer!”). One being Cristina’s tortilla soup. Yuummmmyyyyyyy!!!! Can’t get enough. In fact, I made some homemade tortilla soup on Sunday, and I was not disappointed. I even had it again on Monday to satisfy the urge. The second obsession right now is BBC America’s Robin Hood. If you haven’t seen it, don’t knock it. If you have seen it, then you know the acting is completely horrendous and totally addicting. I freaking love that show! Whoever thought that up was a bloody genius. I am currently trying to figure out how to rent season one of the show. We caught the end of season 1 and are now deep into season 2. I feel that it is very important to get all the background info that may have been presented to the viewer early in season 1. What if I am missing some vital piece of information that is hindering my total understanding of the current episodes? Alas, my local Blockbuster does not carry this breathtakingly splendiferous foreign tv show. How irritating. I will have to venture to the next Blockbuster which is a few short blocks from my current Blockbuster. Maybe they will have a better selection for my viewing pleasure.

Ciao.

6 comments:

JB said...

Thanks for the entertaining read. I'm glad I spent my valuable time with it. Say hi to the sisters for me.

Lisa said...

First, I love hearing the crazy things that go on in your mind.

Second, I have heard you call the girls those names. I think they are cute names.

Third, Christina's tortilla soup is AWESOME!!! When are we going to have another girls night out to dinner so we can go there again??????

Lastly, since when do you start saying bloody? :P

Anonymous said...

Bloody? Maybe you have been watching too much BBC.

I can't tell you how many times I think about pouring out my random thoughts such as this. For example, is there a better compliment than to call someone an "Iron Horse"? Is "Titanium Mule" or "Space Age Polymer Bear" more complimentary? I need to know.

Mikey B. said...

Jen - loved the post. It was splendiferous.

Alison said...

Ahhh,Jen -this is why we all love you so much! The "goings-on" in your mind continue to enthrall and entertain us.

I love the use of the word "bloody" - reminds me of my Aussie days. Good times!

I would like to agree with Lisa about the Christina's girls night thing. I promise I won't use it for free therapy this time!

Jayme said...

When you were talking about "the Sisters" I randomly thought, "Kitty go poo poo in the potty like a good girl?"

Robin Hood, random, last night I saw it on and seriously thought about watching it. Maybe I'll watch an episode to see what all the fuss is about.