Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me!

I had such a nice birthday yesterday. I am so blessed and so lucky to have the family and friends that I have. As most of you know, my in-laws are here visiting. My father-in-law’s birthday is two days before mine, so Monday we went to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate. We all had yummy steaks and their yummy rolls (with cinnamon butter…whoever dreamed up that concoction is a genius). Then Mike and I headed to downtown Dallas to visit Andrew who was here to go to MEPS, which is the process in which to join the Navy (More on that later. It definitely deserves its own post.). ***Side note here: I am fairly comfortable with my grammar and such, but for some reason struggle with punctuation when parenthesis are involved. So pardon the parenthetical mistakes. Thank you very much.***

Anyway, back to my birthday. Four of my coworkers, who have all become friends, took me out to eat yesterday. I got to decide where to go, and I chose the CafĂ© Brazil down the street from work. I got the chicken crepes with the rosemary potatoes. Can I say, “Delish!”? It was so fantastic. Then we had dessert. Four of them to be exact. Two pieces of chocolate lovers cake, one piece of Italian Cream Cake, and a piece of Dulce de Leche cheesecake. Holy cow! But that was definitely the best part of the meal. Of course, true to form, it sure did make my stomach hurt…well, that and my brother joining the military, but seriously, more on that later. My stomach hurt so bad that we had to cancel our birthday dinner plans. Bummer! You know how much I enjoy my food. So we rescheduled for tonight, and let me assure you, I will not be doing anything to jeopardize my dining experience for the evening. We are going to go to Prairie House. It has come highly recommended. Can’t wait!

Now that I have talked about food the ENTIRE time, let me tell you what I got for my birthday. I got the CUTEST little serving bowl and plate from this chocolate company that also has gift items. I saw them this past weekend while at the Belknap family reunion and just gushed over them. So Mike went back in and got them for me. I was so surprised when I opened the bag! I also got American Express gift cards. I have been complaining that I don’t have anything to wear, so this is the perfect opportunity to buy some new clothes. I have such a hang up about spending gift cards, so it may take me a while to actually use them. You know…the old “once you spend them, they’re gone” hang up. I can’t help it. I’m insane.

Well, this is my last birthday before the big 3-0. Yikes! Guess I will just have to enjoy my 20’s while they last!

6 comments:

The Potts Family said...

Well, crap. I forgot to call you. I forget a lot of things these days, so don't take offense! I knew it was this week, just didn't realize how fast this week has gone by.
I'm glad you had a good bday with lots of good food.

Alison said...

Don't worry Julie! I missed it too! Had to day Happy Birthday by IM a day late.

Glad you had a (fairly) good day and enjoy your yumy dinner tonight!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you and C-Murder's birthdays were that close together. She also recently turned 29 (today) and I'll be sure to mention to her what I know Mike mentioned to you yesterday: I never dreamed I'd be married to a 29 year old. Ugh.

JB said...

Happy Birthday...Better late than never, right?

Lisa said...

I guess I am not one of those good friends you mentioned because I didn't even know that it was your birthday. I am soooo LAME!! Sorry.

Well, I am glad that you got some good eats. Can't wait to see you, it's been soooo long!

Have fun at dinner tonight!!!!

Heather Hardin said...

happy birthday Jen!!!!