Wednesday, October 8, 2008

O.C.T.O.B.E.R.

This is a shout out to my sibs…for only they can truly appreciate what October means to me. :) This is to be said in a chant-like singsong-like way. I can and will perform this for anyone who has an interest in actually witnessing this train wreck of a rhyme.



O.C.T.O.B.E.R
Halloween brings us a candy bar.
(Hand gestures consist of bringing your right and then left hand up to your mouth alternately as though eating a candy bar.)
Christopher Columbus has a holiday.
(Hand gesture here is hand above eyes at brow as though an explorer looking at far away land.)
Fall is here and winter’s on the way.
(Cross one arm over chest during “Fall is here”; cross other arm over chest during “Winter’s on the way”; arms should now both be crossed over chest.)
Brrrrrrr.
(With arms crossed over chest, shiver action while saying “Brrrrr.”)


Also a big shout out to Ms. Jeter at Jane Long Elementary for teaching that nice little rhyme to all four of the Smith kids in a span of over 7 years.

**We had a rhyme like this for every month…is it weird that it’s the only one that any of us can remember? Furthermore, is it weird that even a single one of us (let alone all 4 of us) can remember the words AND motions?

4 comments:

Jayme said...

Ahhh, good times! I wonder what that Hippie Mrs. Jeter is up to these days. Thanks for making me smile, as soon as I saw the title I automatically knew what it was about. I really wish we could remember at least one other month. I think I can remember how September was chanted but that is all.

Lisa said...

OK! I can not wait til the next time I see you so you can recite that to me. I so look forward to it!

Alison said...

Lisa,

Please make sure I'm there to see it too! Oh wait....maybe it would be more fun to have her do it a million times. I'm thinking maybe a new booth for the Fall Fest??? :)

JB said...

I'm gonna have her do it!