Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My New Favorite Thing

My new favorite thing is iced coffee. Now, I know what some of you are thinking, for I was thinking it myself just a few short months ago. But then my father-in-law got an iced coffee from McDonalds. I wasn't quite convinced until I tried it myself a week or two later. Now I am a believer...a firm believer.

I recently saw a post on Smitten Kitchen on cold brewed iced coffee. Very simple and very delicious. I must say, I am hooked! I would rather make my own cold brewed iced coffee than buy McDonald's or Starbuck's iced coffee. Not that their's isn't good. It's just a little bitter, where the cold brewed iced coffee is almost sweeter. If you don't believe me, try it yourself. It's super easy and totally painless. You won't be disappointed!

4 comments:

The Potts Family said...

I'm going to try this. I love iced coffee, too.

Alison said...

Too bad I don't like coffee! At least you are enjoying it. People drank tons of iced coffee back in the day in Australia - it was very popular. That was like 20 years ago though....glad America's finally catching on!! :)

Lisa said...

I love iced coffee too. How about I just come over and drink yours instead of making my own. :)

Anonymous said...

McDonald's iced coffee is REAL good. I love it too.